Cooling Tower Access Platform: Major Logistical Solutions Provider
Cooling towers needed replacing at a major logistical solutions provider. ECEX manufactured, supplied and installed the new support steel work and access platforms to enable ongoing maintenance, as well as pipework for the cooling towers themselves.
- ECEX excavated and cast the 600mm square, 900 mm deep concrete pads for the support legs of the cooling tower.
- Steelwork and connections were manufactured off site.
- The steelwork structure was assembled on site using Genie and aluminium towers, assisted by HIAB.
- Once these components had been erected, the cooling towers were manoeuvred into position.
- ECEX then connected the cooling tower pipework.
“ECEX provided a complete solution to our cooling tower replacement requirements,” said the site’s Client Service Manager. “Their products and customer care were to an excellent standard, with works completed within the proposed timeframe, safely and to our complete satisfaction.”
ECEX delivers easy, cost effective solutions for eliminating trip hazards on the roof and around plant and equipment such as cooling towers. Using a combination of standard components and factory fabricated metalwork, ECEX takes into account all relevant design standards and legal requirements to provide the following services:
- Step-overs to pipework, ductwork and other obstructions
- Platform extensions
- Bespoke walkways and access gantries to cooling towers, chillers and AHU’s
- Access ladders (cat ladders) and hooped ladders
- Gantries, platforms and walkways
- Riser infill platforms
- Edge protection guard railings
For more information, click here: www.ecex.co.uk/services/access-safety-metalwork-fabrication/