Election 2015 – Environmental Policies: Are You In The Know?
With just a one day to go before we’re called to the polling station, how will you cast your vote? Who has pledged to focus on key environmental issues and lay down a convincing fight against climate change?
Here is a brief policy guide covering all key environmental issues:
• Protect the environment and Green Belt in the planning system
• Spend more than £3bn to 2020 improving the environment
• Phase out subsidies for new onshore wind farms
• Invest £500m over the next five years towards making most cars and vans zero emission vehicles by 2020
• Freeze energy bills until 2017 and give energy regulator new powers to cut bills this winter
• Reduce carbon emissions generated during electricity production to zero by 2030
• Prioritise flood prevention
• Double renewable electricity by 2020, aim to decarbonise the power sector by 2030, leading to a zero carbon Britain by 2050
• Plant 750,000 trees a year
• Charge for plastic bags
• Promote use of electric cars and public transport
• New five laws to protect nature and fight climate change
• Repeal the climate Change Act 2008
• Protect the greenbelt
• End so-called green taxes to cut fuel bills
• Prioritise support for organic farms
• Phase out fossil fuel-based energy generation and nuclear power
• Reduce all UK greenhouse gas emissions to 10 per cent of their 1990 levels by 2030 to tackle climate change
• Invest in renewable energy sources, flood defences and building insulation
• Ban fracking
• Wants UK government to adopt Scotland’s ambitious carbon reduction target
• Wants UK government to have a dedicated Climate Justice Fund
• Energy Company Obligation to be funded through taxation and not as a levy on energy bills
• Maximise support for offshore wind, ensuring Scotland sees maximum investment
For a full list of policies, click here.
At ECEX one of our key values is to save energy and reduce environmental impact.
One way to save energy is by installing our Air Intake screens – Air intake screen facts:
- Up to 75 per cent reduction in maintenance costs
- Up to 60 per cent extension in filter life
- At a recent ECEX Air Intake Screen project at a London University, energy consumption was reduced by 7 per cent, representing a payback of 1.5 years thanks to improvements in efficiency.
Contact us today for more information about our air intake screens;
Call: 01635 244 100