We’re Recruiting! Contracts Manager Required For Mechanical Services
Due to continued growth, we’re looking for an additional Contracts Manager to join our team based in Newbury, helping to look after high profile Mechanical and Fabrication services clients, in the Facilities Management (FM) and maintenance sectors.
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, the suitable candidate will take full responsibility for running a diverse range of mechanical projects. Mostly non-reactive and typically in the range £5K to £100K, responsibilities will start from initial enquiry through quotation, mobilisation and fulfilment. Works to be managed include the repair, replacement, renewal and alteration of pipework and water services, fans, ductwork and AHU’s, lagging & insulation and many other associated services, mainly in existing major buildings (as opposed to new build).
We are looking for a self-managing, motivated individual, who is able to juggle multiple contracts and demands, while keeping meticulous records. Working collaboratively with colleagues, customers, suppliers and subcontractors is essential, so the suitable candidate must be friendly, approachable and eager to get involved – relationship building is extremely important. The candidate should also:
- Ideally hold a recognised mechanical qualification
- Have a track record of managing small-medium projects within or serving the FM/Maintenance sector
- Be fully competent in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Have effective communication skills, working to a high standard of accuracy both orally and in writing
- Have experience (ideally holding an appropriate qualification) in site H&S requirements, RAMS etc.
- Be familiar with working to the ISO9001 Quality system
- Hold a clean UK Driving Licence
- Live within sensible daily travelling distance of our base in West Berkshire and/or in the West London corridor
- Be amenable to some flexibility when it comes to working hours as and when is necessary, depending on contracts in hand.
Location: Berkshire & travel, mainly throughout S.E.
£competitive + car allowance
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company, focusing on the further development of the busy and successful Mechanical Services department.
Please send C.V. with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that interviews will take place during July with a view to taking up the role in August (depending on existing notice period).