Job Vacancy: QHSE Manager
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Manager – West Berkshire
Salary: Up to £45,000 (full time)
Some flexibility of hours and work from home possible for right candidate
ECEX is a successful Fabrication and Mechanical Services company based in Newbury, West Berkshire, working mostly within the HVAC and maintenance sectors across London and the South.
We are looking to appoint a Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) Manager to maintain and further improve our Quality Management Systems and operating procedures.
Reporting to the Director, you will:
- Take full responsibility for Quality Management and Safety, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Monitor and audit safe systems.
- Work closely with our contracts team and directly-employed and subcontractor personnel to arrange and provide RAMS, training and TBTs, auditing and incident investigation/reporting.
- Complete customer pre-qualification questionnaires and provide all information required by our main accreditation providers, including SafeContractor, Constructionline, CHAS etc.
Some travel (typically southern England but can be elsewhere in UK) will be necessary.
- A solid background in QSHE, including professionally recognised qualifications, ideally within similar mechanical or construction contracting environments.
- Experience of managing own personnel and multiple subcontractors working on client sites.
- Experience of managing a QMS (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001) is essential.
- Knowledge of EN 1090 would be advantageous but not essential.
- Conversant with applying for and maintaining customer and third-party accreditations (e.g., SafeContractor, CHAS etc.)
- Highly self-disciplined; task and deadline-driven.
- Able to work largely on own initiative and assertive in bringing needs to management to ensure the business meets or exceeds its obligations in all QHSE matters.
- Friendly, approachable and eager to get involved with day-to-day operations as well as the wider strategy; strong leadership qualities.
- Fully competent with Outlook, Word and Excel and able to communicate effectively and to a high standard of accuracy both orally and in writing at all levels.
- Clean UK Driving Licence and own ULEZ-compliant car (business mileage re-imbursed at HMRC approved rates).
- Resident within sensible daily travelling distance of our base in West Berkshire.
Please send C.V. with covering letter to email@example.com NO AGENCIES THANK YOU