Lagging & Insulation
ECEX offers an all-inclusive lagging and insulation service, protecting pipework and components from freezing weather and condensation.
Why lag and insulate?
- Lagging and insulation prevents freezing, especially for pipes carrying water in winter. When water freezes it expands and this can cause a pipe system to fail. Pipe lagging can delay the onset of freezing for long enough to ensure that the cold snap passes or remedial action can be taken.
- Insulation can control condensation. Moisture contributes to corrosion which can eat away at the pipe; insulation that incorporates a water-vapour barrier will stop water vapour from passing through the insulation to form on the surface of the pipe.
- Lagging and insulation protects people against extreme hot or cold, preventing injuries to those coming into contact with pipework operating at exceptionally high or low temperatures.
- It can provide energy savings by preventing heat (or cold) loss over long distances by introducing thermal resistance and reducing heat flow from the pipe to the outside air.
- Lagging and insulation also helps limit unwanted noise.
Employ a professional
ECEX can meet all your lagging and insulation needs. We can repair or replace all insulation on site in full compliance with BS 5422:2009 – Method for specifying thermal insulating materials for pipes, tanks, vessels, ductwork and equipment operating within the temperature range -40°C to +700°C.
The experienced team of insulation specialists at ECEX can install mineral fibre slab and wrap; phenolic mineral fibre sections; stucco aluminium cladding and valve boxes; VentureClad; PIB rubber sheeting; flexible valve mats, and valve jackets.